Hobby, Wargames, Modelbouw, Tabletop, Social, enz..

Wes Martin Jersey Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren
Auteur Bericht
bears123

BerichtGeplaatst: 29-06-2020 10:08:52 Reageren met citaatTerug naar boven

What triggers stress for you?

Most people think they know exactly what pushes their buttons Women's Bryce Love Jersey , but they're going for the low-hanging fruit. It's the stuff that's hanging in the hard-to-reach branches that tends to multiply our feelings of frustration, exhaustion and disconnection.

One client--let's call him Scott--told me that he knows very well what causes stress for him: "My boss, the fact that he won't give me a promotion, and my stack of bills to pay."

Well, isn't that a tidy little package? But here's the problem: Scott looks at that package and feels that there is nothing he can do with it-- "I must work with the boss who hates me." "I must work harder to get a promotion." "I must make more money to pay my bills." End of story.

When we put our stressors into a package like that Women's Terry McLaurin Jersey , we create an obstacle--the big box marked "This is my life"--that seems impossible to change.

That's why we need to shake up that package a bit, unwrap it and see what's really inside.

In Scott's case, shaking that life package revealed that the whole "My boss is out to get me" story tended to color his perception of everything about his job.

The truth was that he loved the work, enjoyed his colleagues, and felt he was making a difference. However Women's Montez Sweat Jersey , he didn't feel appreciated by his boss because he did not get the promotion he'd expected due to the company's reorganization.

Really, his whole "my boss is ruining my life" concept was a story he created to avoid looking at the fact that he was feeling under pressure to make more money to provide for his family.

Adding fuel to the fire, his young children were getting into activities--soccer, gymnastics--that required more money and created more stress for his wife, who acted as chauffeur. Scott felt he should work longer hours Women's Dwayne Haskins Jersey , which meant he missed out on family dinners and rarely attended his children's activities.

Scott was drained. His wife was frustrated. His children missed him. "If only my boss would give me a promotion," Scott's story went, "my life would be so much better."

With a little help, Scott was able to pay attention to what matters most--

1) Providing a comfortable lifestyle for his family while doing work he enjoyed

2) Having time and energy to spend with his loved ones

Scott recognized that his boss had nothing to do with his frustration. What was stressing Scott was the idea that he had to continue to work hard in order to support a lifestyle that was becoming increasingly expensive and exhausting.

We all do the same thing--we create stories that make it easier for us to accept what we view as unchangeable circumstances.

Scott had a heart-to-heart talk with his wife, who had believed that Scott's boss really was the source of his frustration. Once she knew the real situation Women's Da'Ron Payne Jersey , things shifted.

They agreed that what they wanted most for their family was a simpler way of life. Together, they decided to limit their activities--more dinners home together, more time on the weekend to enjoy family outings, less strain on the family budget. The children were okay with giving up their sports if it meant doing more fun things as a family. They'd signed up initially simply because their friends were doing the same.

Many of the things we feel we NEED to do are simply things we start doing. Without paying attention to what we might be losing in the process, these activities can become an obstacle to creating a happy Women's Landon Collins Jersey , relaxed home life.

Scott's looking forward to a year of less stress, more fun, and greater awareness. He feels much lighter now that he recognizes that his boss story was based on frustration, not facts.

Things are coming together now that Scott sees what matters most, and he is surprised at how simple it was to make decisions that made life easier for his whole family.

Oh Women's Alex Smith Jersey , and that package? It turns out there wasn't much in it after all.

Sometimes, those are the best ones to unwrap.

Q. I have always had such trouble with doing this goals thing. I don't know where to start or what to do. I can't seem to get going. I end up floundering, getting discouraged and giving up. Can you help me figure this thing out?

A. There are lots of things wrong with goals. One is growing up believing we set them only once a year - the dreaded New Year's resolutions. Another is believing goals are something you achieve and then walk away.

There are many things that get in the way of achieving our goals.

We have the false notion that goals are to be set only at the beginning of the year. Most New Year's resolutions are broken and forgotten before the end of January, so it's no wonder we get discouraged.

Goals can and should be set any time we choose to do so. Many people look at spring as a time of new beginnings, a time to make a fresh start. We can make a fresh start at any time. For me the fall has always been a time of fresh starts and new goals. It's when a break in the oppressive heat begins Women's Sean Taylor Jersey , and with it comes more energy for life. I often ask myself, "If I start now, what can be accomplished by the holidays?" This is sort of like giving yourself a special gift for the holidays.

Often, we try to accomplish too many goals at once. It's the old biting off more than we can chew syndrome. We get motivated and excited, set a whole bunch of goals Wes Martin Jersey , then get scattered, overwhelmed, distracted and discouraged. When you're just starting out trying to achieve goals, it's best to work on only one at a time. After you get a little experience under you belt, and have strengthened your goal-achieving muscles Bryce Love Jersey , you can work on multiple goals at the same time.

Often the most difficult part in achieving goals is simply getting started. The best quick-start advice I can give is once you have set a goal, make sure you do somet. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Custom Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Shop Wholesale Sports Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Sports Jerseys Cheap Retro Soccer Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China
Profiel bekijkenStuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:      
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsenReageren

Ga naar:   

Volgende onderwerp
Vorige onderwerp

Wilt u geen reclame op dit forum en genieten van extra voordelen? Klik dan vlug hier voor meer informatie!